In this section
Analysing Fish activity using Actual products is easy,
Adult Subjects: are monitored with a video camera mounted above or to the side of a fish tank
Larvae: are monitored with a video camera mounted above the multi-well plate connected to a computer to record a video file.
ActualTrack analyses the video file and utilises three-point tracking (head, centre of mass, and end of tail) to identify fish within an arena and determine its position. You can also define regions (for example during thigmotaxis assays ) and automatically monitor entry into to regions based on the location of its head, centre of mass, and end of tail (or any combination thereof). Locomotor activity is also easily assessed and quantified in any user-defined region.
What you can analyse during Fish tests using ActualTrack™
- Locomotor results: Distance travelled (cm), Average Speed (cm / s), Locomotor results for each zone defined , Angular velocity and swim path.
- Zone results based on location, Time spent in each zone [s], Time spent in each zone [%], Latency to each first zone entry [s], Number of visits to each zone [n], Number of visits to each zone [%], First Zone visited, Zone transitions & timings, Average time spent per visit to each zone, Angular velocity and swim path
- Visualisations: Birds nest plot, heat map
- ActualScore functionality allows for integrated manual coding user defined behaviors
- All results are calculated automatically and provided in an easy to use CSV format which can be imported in to most statistical analysis packages for further investigation and graphical representation
If you are interested in other aspects of fish behavior, get in touch to find out if we can help.